Hello friends! I have some really special giveaways coming up over the next month or so, and I decided to lead off with a giveaway from Attune Foods.
Five (5) readers will win free cereal from Attune Foods so you can try this really tasty, made in America, healthy-for-you cereal.
I set up the boxes Annelise sent me and asked my family to try them. Only three of my kids were dressed in cute enough clothes to make it onto the blog – but they all tried the cereals.
My two daughters and one son first tried Honey Almond and they all loved it. My little guy said, “Well, I can tell it’s a healthy cereal, but it actually tastes pretty good.” My daughters, who are more “sophisticated” said they liked the crunch, freshness and hint of honey flavor in the cereal. Every flavor received similar reviews, and my little guy liked the Strawberry flavored the best.
Here’s what I appreciate about cereals like these:
- I can eat them for breakfast, in Greek yogurt or as a snack.
- They have a LOT of fiber – from 6 to 10 g per serving.
- The sodium content is very low, ranging from 100 mg to 135 mg per serving.
- The cereal fills you up and keeps you satisfied for a long time.
- Unlike the broccoli I wrote about from Sam’s, which was brought over from China, the cereals are all made in the United States.
- There are enough flavors to appeal to all ages, genders and taste preferences.
- The serving size is just right for a low-calorie breakfast.
- I like the name of the cereal, as I tend to be very patriotic.
When I lost weight, I was always trying to find some great food that would help me stay full, help me stay regular digestively and help me eat a balanced diet. Too bad I didn’t know about these cereals before, as they fit the bill. Just in case you are a history person – the Uncle Sam’s brand has been around since 1908. The cereals have a history of healthy, high-fiber flavors which were waaay ahead of their time by including flaxseed, which is great for you. The Attune Foods family also includes other cereal brands and healthy bars. Yum to them all. Here’s the nutritional panels of the cereals I got:
Want to win a sample or two? Just leave a separate comment for each chance. Here’s how to get five entries:
- Follow Attune Foods on Twitter
- Become a Facebook Fan of Attune Foods
- Connect with me through my Fit to the Finish Facebook page
- Twitter with me (when I do!)
- Leave a comment telling me which flavor of cereal appeals to you or what you had for breakfast this morning!
Good luck and I hope you started your day off with a healthy breakfast! Diane
Disclosure: I received five boxes of cereal from Attune Foods, but the review and opinions are all my own! I will draw a winner on Sunday, July 31th at 10:00 pm CST and email the winners on Monday!